Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bookchat

Belatedly, I take up the challenge from Jesse Walker, to throw away a few minutes or so of my life.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
I would pick the as yet unwritten, Harry Potter Book Seven. That way I would be one of the most important and powerful people around.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
That's a little weird. Maybe Marie "Slim" Browning from To Have and Have Not, because she was played by Lauren Bacall in the Movie.
The last book you bought is:
I'm not really sure.
The last book you read is
Put Out More Flags By Evelyn Waugh.
What are you currently reading?
Several Things.
Five books you would take to a deserted island.
1 Lost in the Cosmos: The Last Selfhelp Book by Walker Percy. Percy covers all the critical issues: Wednesday afternoons, the Last Phil Donahue Show and "Why it is that of all the billions and billions of strange objects in the Cosmos--novas, quasars, pulsars, black holes--you are beyond doubt the strangest."
2 I'll Take My Stand by Twelve Southerners.
3 Dispatches from the Muckdog Gazette by Bill Kauffman. My review may explain why I would need an occasional Kauffman fix while on the Island.
4 The Marble City by Jack Neely, Knoxville's answer to Bill Kauffman.
5 The Simpsons A complete Guide to Our Favorite family. I assume I wouldn't have TV on this Island. This would be a good substitute.
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
I don't know. My first choice would be Jesse, but he already did it and didn't take it very seriously the first time.

No comments: